Looking for a delicious and easy beef lo mein recipe? Look no further! This dish is perfect for a quick and easy weeknight meal. You can even make it in advance and refrigerate it for later.
Beef Lo Mein
- 1/2 pound flank steak thinly sliced across the grain
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces lo mein noodles cooked according to package instructions
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 onion diced
- 3 carrots peeled and julienned
- 2 cups frozen stir-fry vegetables
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- In a large bowl, whisk together soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, ground ginger, and garlic powder. Add sliced steak and toss to coat evenly. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes (or up to two hours)
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together hoisin sauce, water, and sesame oil; set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add onions and stir-fry for two minutes. Add carrots and stir-fry for another three to four minutes, until softened. Remove vegetables from pan and set aside in a large bowl.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in the same pan as above, followed by half of the marinated steak. stir-fry for two minutes, until mostly cooked through. Remove steak from pan and set aside in the large bowl with the veggies. Repeat this process with 1 tablespoon of oil and remaining steak, cooking for another 2 to 3 minutes until done
- Reduce heat to medium and add sauce mixture to the pan along with the stir-fry vegetables, steak, and cooked noodles. Toss until combined and cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes until everything is evenly coated with sauce.
- Serve immediately, garnished with green onions (if desired).
For more check out our comparison of lo mein vs pad thai