This is a great easy lo mein recipe that you can make in just a few minutes. It’s perfect for busy weeknights when you want something fast and easy. ive made it with veggie tofu and ground beef. its delicious!
Easy Lo Mein Recipe
- 1 pound of lo mein noodles
- 1/2 cup of soy sauce
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/4 cup of sesame oil
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar or white vinegar
- 8 ounces of mushrooms sliced
- 1 red pepper sliced thin
- 1/2 cup of frozen peas
- 4 green onions thinly sliced on the diagonal
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Leave pasta in the strainer until ready to use.
- In a large bowl, whisk together soy sauce, vegetable oil, sugar, salt, black pepper and sesame oil until smooth. Add garlic and rice vinegar. Whisk until combined.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the dressing from the large bowl into a smaller bowl. Add mushrooms, red pepper and peas. Toss to coat.
- Pour pasta into the large bowl with dressing and toss until evenly coated. Fold in vegetables. Serve topped with green onions and drizzled with extra dressing if desired.
For more check out lo mein vs pad thai