This shrimp pad thai recipe is a delicious and easy way to enjoy the flavors of Thailand in your own home. Shrimp are simmered in a sweet and sour sauce with plenty of vegetables, making this an ideal meal for any night.
Shrimp Pad Thai Recipe
- Cook noodles according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water to prevent them from sticking together.
- In a small bowl, whisk together fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar and vinegar.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat. Add egg and cook until set, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate and break into pieces with the spatula.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Cook shrimp, stirring occasionally, until pink and curled, about 1 minute. Add the sauce mixture and noodles and toss to coat well. Add the egg and peanuts and cook until heated through, tossing frequently, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a large serving platter or divide among individual plates or bowls. Top with green onions and serve with lime wedges on the side. Makes 2 servings, but can be easily doubled!
For more check out our comparison on lo mein vs pad thai