Tako su is a cold plate of sliced, cooked octopus garnished with sticks of pale green cucumber, bathed in ponzu sauce and topped with sesame seeds, sliced scallion, and a drizzle of wasabi mayonnaise; the sauce has an engagingly smoky, citrus taste that complements the octopus. Recently I bought a ready-cooked sliced cold octopus and decided to make tako su with it. All I have to do is to mix with some ponzu sauce but I still mix with some sesame oil to enhance the flavor.
Tako Su – Octopus Salad
- 1 small tube octopus or ½ lb sliced pre-cooked octopus usually it comes in pre-cooked version thawed and washed
- 2-3 tbsp ponzu sauce you can get ponzu sauce in the Asian section in any local market or Asian market
- 1 tbsp sesame oil *optional*
- 1 tbsp roasted sesame seed
- ½ lemon – squeeze the juice
- 2 tbsp cut scallion
- 1 tbsp wasabi *optional*
- Place sliced octopus in a small bowl.
- Drizzle with ponzu sauce, lemon juice, sesame seed.
- Sprinkle some roasted sesame seeds and cut scallion on the top.
- Serve cold as an appetizer.